BLOG

Oct 23, 2012

Birds' cardboard house

Every morning when I wake up there are few things happening that really make my day. At least my mornings. I go to the toilet, open the window  and my cat is there, immediately jumping on it in order to get first chat of the day. With sparrows which occupy the pear tree facing my window. And this is really a funny and wonderful moment I enjoy every morning. However, in cold winters, not that much.
According to the weather coaster, this winter should be very cold, -31. I have never felt this temperature in my life, so I suppose, the sparrow living in this area neither.
For these small and dear creatures I figured out a pretty big birds' house in Victorian style.There should be place enough for around 4 bird families, or even more, if they not quarrel.
Here is the point I reached up to now.

And some first steps so you could see how it is done. The bigger part is separated into two 'flats'.





It still needs a roof on the top and lot of decoration after coloring it.

I can hardly wait to finish it, and I can hardly wait its first visitors. Still I must admit that I am really very eager to see how the cardboard will bear this winter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment