BLOG

Oct 25, 2012

A retro dress

With age of 10 I still didn't have a clue in which direction my tastes in fashion and music will take. Once I visited my uncle who just happened to buy a new portable gramophone ( one of the kind you could get in Yugoslavia in those days) and it look similar to this one (the photo is taken from Muzej grada Rijeke).

At that time my uncle wore long hair, leather jackets, jeans and shoes with high sole - and he drove a motorbike. Besides the gramophone he bought some long-plays: I still do remember what it was: Rolling Stones, Bee Gees and Boney M. My uncle was my idol at that moment.
Imagine 10 years old child dancing with half mad uncle in the grandma house, playing music as loud as possible and jumping and screaming like wilds...

I think, on that day I knew which kind of music I will like. OK, Boney M not that much. And fashion... fashion must follow.  I simply adore fashion of 70s so I made this dress in that name.




0 comments:

Post a Comment