BLOG

Sep 11, 2012

Abstract carboard painting

My fascination with cardboard simply does not stop.
Recently my boiler leaked and I hastily ordered a new one. Boiler just like any other boiler, the only thing that interested me on my way home was - have they packed it in a quality cardboard!
I've recently started a bed of cardboard, actually a box in which I'll put the mattress, but somehow I'm not quite prepared for the chaos that I will not be able to avoid ... (something I think, if I mention it here, then I will be ashamed not to finish it).

And my bed idea turned into a relief image of cardboard.
For background I took two cardboard panels (if anyone wants to try something similar, I suggest to take 3), and merged them with wooden glue; I struggled a lot to get it straight and equally dried.

With tree panels it would be a lot easier, as the cardboard would not be distorted. At the diagonal edges I fixed 2 small cardboard pieces and used a dense mass (wooden glue, wood filler, wall filler, linseed oil and a bit of water). I made reliefs using knife and fork, and spoon, and more or less everything what came on my hand. At the end I wrote random letters, when all was well dried, I colored it. For a first attempt, I'm pretty satisfied, I hope that the following pictures will be better. The result looks like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment